Ultimate Anime Rpg
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM

Go down

DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM  Empty DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM

Post by l0ve0fevi Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 pm

If you've ever seen really dark skies...
What was it like (stargazing)?

● I took my daughter with me to see the Geminids meteor shower last night, Dec. 13th. We drove for miles out into the dark, dark Sonoran desert 75 miles east of Phoenix to the top of a mountain range; where we had a low horizon and a 360 degree unobstructed view of the night sky. The stars and the Milky Way were alive in the sky. Like watching a 3D movie. The depth perception was just mind boggling. And then, every couple of minutes we'd spot a meteor. A shooting star! "Wow! Did you see THAT one!" It was a wonderful bonding experience to share with my 19 year old daughter. -Joe Petrashek

● In the Northeast Blackout of 2003, people actually were calling the police because they didn't know what all those little lights in the sky were when they looked out their windows. -Ron

● I live in the Toronto, Ontario area, and we were smack in the middle of that huge blackout that covered the entire eastern seaboard a few years ago. We were without power for almost 48 hours, and had a clear sky the first night. We got our son out of bed around midnight and went outside to look at the sky. After staring up into the starry night for a while, I looked down to see virtually all our neighbours out doing the same thing. -Paul

● I honestly do miss it. -Cody

● Most people have no idea what a truly dark sky looks like. The ironic thing is, without seeing it for yourself, you have no idea what you're missing. It's truly an awe-inspiring site, one that can move you emotionally, and bring a lump to your throat. I'm not just blowing smoke here: I've seen this reaction in people many times. It's like being a kid again and believing in magic. -Phil

● I've been looking up ever since. -Dave

business opportunity
Home Security

l0ve0fevi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 3
Personality : normal
Warning System :
DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100DARK SKY BRIGHT STARS FORUM  Right_bar_bleue

Speciality : Type your speciality in here
Mood : Whats your mood
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Back to top Go down